So you just got yourself the shiny new RTX 3080 and now you need to find the best motherboard to go with it. Never fear, we’re here to help! In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the best motherboards for the RTX 3080 based on features and price. We’ll also give our top picks for each category. So whether you’re looking for a high-end motherboard or something more budget-friendly, we’ve got you covered!
The best motherboards for RTX 3080 are the Z390 series, which are optimized for 8th gen Intel Core processors. Among them, the ASRock Fatal1ty Z390 Professional Gaming i7 is a great choice thanks to its powerful cooling design that can easily be upgraded with better kits or AIO water coolers later on. It’s bundled with two M.2 NVMe SSD slots and supports all of the latest technologies such as USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, DDR4 4200MHz+ RAM options, SLI/Crossfire support, etc. Overall it’s one of the best motherboards for RTX 2080 available today without being too pricey given you’re getting an i7 overclockable chipset with good VRM heatsinks on-board.
Why you should buy a motherboard with at least 8 RAM slots?
If you’re building a custom loop then having more RAM slots is always helpful in the long run. You can add extra M.2 drives, or future memory upgrades in case your existing set of sticks – or less which is usually the case with entry to mid-level builds – isn’t enough for your OS + applications + games needs anymore.
The ASRock X470 Taichi has all the latest features available on Ryzen Gen 2 motherboards such as NVMe Gen3 x4 M.2 ports, Gigabit LAN port, USB 3.1 Type C + Type-A etc. It comes with 8 RAM slots supporting up to 128GB total of DDR4 RAM and supports overclocking of both Ryzen CPUs and Vega GPUs via its UEFI. It’s a well-balanced motherboard that looks great in a black+red color scheme and has all the features you might need for future upgrades without going overboard.
How to find the right motherboard for your needs?
First, you should select a chipset depending on your budget and needs. If the motherboard only has 1 M.2 port then that’s limiting future upgrades e.g. to a faster NVMe SSD or more SATA devices. Make sure the board comes with enough RAM slots for your memory/OS requirement – 4 DIMMs at least in case of non-Xeon chipsets which support 64GB+ of DDR4 RAM in quad-channel mode, 6 if it’s an X399 motherboard. You’ll also need to look at PCIe slots whether they are SLI compatible, have enough bandwidth for your graphics card choice, etc.. CPU overclocking is usually limited on entry-level H370/B360 motherboards so don’t expect too much out of them, mid-range Z390/X399 boards are better suited for overclocking.
Our favorite motherboards for RTX 3080 Ti /2080/2070 are the Z390 series which support all the latest Intel 8th Gen Core processors, USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C + Thunderbolt 3.0 option, etc… For RTX 2080 builds we’d suggest going with an i7 chipset since they’ll allow you to overclock your CPU too which is worth doing if you can get a good deal on an unlocked K-series processor like the i7 9700K. For more information check out our article on the best CPUs for gaming.
Let’s see some of the best motherboards for RTX 3080 Ti available today in terms of overall value and features that they offer according to current prices on Amazon USA (these may be slightly cheaper or more expensive depending on your location).
Best Motherboards for RTX 3080
ASRock Z390 Taichi
ASRock Motherboard (Z390 Taichi)
- LGA1151 Supports 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core Processors
- Chipset: Intel Z390
- Memory: 4x DDR4 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Max Capacity of 64GB
- Slots: 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (run single at x16 or dual at x8/x8 or triple at x8/x4/x4), 2x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
AsRock® Z390 Taichi motherboards provide the tools and features that buyers need to build a high-performance system. Additional capabilities, such as M.2 PCIe Gen3x4 SSD support for up to 32 Gb/s data transfer speeds in a small form factor combined with Thunderbolt™ 3 technology provide exceptional computing performance. Integrated 802.11ac WiFi plus Bluetooth 5 provide convenient wired and wireless connectivity options for users who want the best performance from their PC setup so they can do what’s important: creating, sharing and enjoying all of life’s great moments over Wi-Fi or a fast internet connection at home or on the go.
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Z390 Gaming Motherboard
- Designed for 9th, 8th generation intel core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual M.2, USB 3.1 gen 2, 802.11ac wi fi and asus optic mem II for better dram overclocking stability
- Revamped 5 way optimization overclocks intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry while fan xpert 4 delivers dynamic system cooling
- Dedicated water cooling headers and built in cross chill ek III water block allow monitoring of water temperature and flow without a standalone controller
- Aura sync rgb lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever expanding ecosystem of aura sync enabled products
- Pre mounted I/o shield ensures streamlined installation and represents rog's attention to detail and quality
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula: it’s the perfect motherboard for overclocking enthusiasts and gamers who demand the very best. The CPU Socket is LGA 1151, making it compatible with Intel’s 6th and 7th-generation Core processors. It also has an Intel Z390 chipset, 2133 MHz memory speed, and Aura Sync RGB lighting with addressable headers. You’ll be able to create an almost endless spectrum of colors synchronized across your entire ecosystem of aura sync-enabled products. Plus, the included 2-in-1 SATA 6Gb/s cables give you added flexibility.
Gigabyte X399 Aorus XTREME Gaming sTR4 ATX
GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 (AMD ThreadRipper TR4/ATX /3xM.2/Front USB 3.1/RGB Fusion/Killer LAN/4 Way SLI Motherboard)
- Socket TR4 (or SP3), Supports AMD Ryzen Thread ripper Processors. Operating System - Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- DDR4, Quad-Channel, 8 DIMMs
- Turbo B-Clock, Built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC
- 4-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable Design
- Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
The Gigabyte X399 Aorus XTREME Gaming sTR4 ATX motherboard is perfect for gaming enthusiasts who demand the very best. Powered by the AMD X399 chipset and featuring quad-channel DDR4 memory, this board is capable of handling even the most demanding games. With support for PCI-Express x4 graphics cards and a built-in Advanced Performance Tuning IC, the Gigabyte X399 Aorus XTREME Gaming sTR4 ATX motherboard is ready to take your gaming experience to the next level.
MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC Mini ITX
MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DP Wi-Fi Mini ITX Z390 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4600(OC) MHz
- 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Built for high-performance small-form factor builds - Extended heatsink, mini-ITX form factor
The MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC Mini ITX motherboard is perfect for gamers and power users who need a small, powerful motherboard. The Intel Z390 chipset provides compatibility with 9th and 8th generation Intel processors, while twin Turbo M.2 slots offer ultra-fast storage performance. Additionally, the board features USB 3.1 Gen2 ports for lightning-fast data transfers.
Buying a motherboard can be confusing and difficult, but our buying instructions should help you find the perfect one for your needs. Here are some of the most important things to consider when choosing which motherboard is right for you. If that sounds overwhelming or if there’s something we haven’t covered here, feel free to contact us with questions! We love hearing from customers who want to buy a new RTX 3080 Motherboard because it helps us make better recommendations in the future. Which of these factors did we mention was really important?
This article hopes you have the best choice, aradytech.com